I would like to share a tip, frequently we need modify protected files (i.e. in an Ubuntu box) from WinSCP remotely, but sometimes that is impossible.
If you have a non-privileged user and want to edit a root protected file of an Ubuntu box but with WinSCP, you can do it with a few changes.
- Ubuntu 11.04
- Non-privileged user: chilcano
- Any S.O. but with WinSCP 4.3.6 (http://winscp.net)
1. In the server side add this line to /etc/sudoers
[sourcecode language="text" gutter="true" wraplines="false"]
chilcano@sso1:/$ sudo nano /etc/sudoers
[sourcecode language="text" gutter="true" wraplines="false" highlight="3"]
chilcano ALL=NOPASSWD: /usr/lib/openssh/sftp-server
2. In the client side open WinSCP and do the following
3. Test it, open a protected file and modify. You could do changes on it.
I hope this help you.